The Beagle is one of the most popular and loved dog breeds around. These curious and friendly doggies have a smooth, dense double coat that is resistant to rain.
The most common color for Beagles is tricolor with a black saddle. They have white legs, chest, belly, and a white tip on the tail. Beagles tan on the head and around the saddle.
They should be brushed at least once a week. This will loosen and remove dead hair and encourage new hair growth. Beagle coats tend to get thicker in the winter.
Here are our picks for the top 3 brushes for Beagles:
- Hertzko Bristle Brush for Dogs
- DakPets Pet Grooming Brush
- DELOMO Pet Grooming Glove Brush for Deshedding
They usually shed more in the spring. Beagles are generally clean and don’t require frequent baths.
Best Dog Brushes for Beagles
When sharing your home with a Beagle, expect to deal with dog hair on the furniture and clothes. The short coat on Beagles requires the owner to use the best brush.
Dog brushes come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles. This makes it hard to select the best brush for your Beagle.
Here are the 3 best dog brushes for Beagle, all available for you to buy today. Let’s look at what makes them stand out and why they’re a must-consider during your buying journey.
1. Hertzko Bristle Brush for Dogs
Make grooming your Beagle a comfortable and pleasant experience with Hertzko Bristle Brush. The densely packed bristles are soft on your Beagle’s skin.
Hertzko Bristle Brush
- Gently removes loose hair, and eliminates tangles, dander, dust, and trapped dirt from your pet’s topcoat
- Densely packed bristles are soft on your pet’s sensitive skin
- Brushing your pet occasionally with our Bristle Brush increases blood circulation and leaves your pet with healthy skin and a shiny topcoat
As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thanks for supporting our work!
It gently removes loose hair and is ideal for everyday brushing. The brush also eliminates dander, dust, and trapped dirt from your Beagle’s topcoat. The handle has anti-slip abrasions that make the brush easy to use.
With Hertzko Bristle Brush, you will find less hair around your house. It increases blood circulation and leaves your Beagle’s hair much softer and sleek! The brush makes for a perfect choice if your Beagle has sensitive skin.
- Brand: Hertzko
- Color: purple
- Shape: oval
- Soft and densely packed bristles
- Anti slip handle
- Knock off loose hair, dust, and dirt
- Leaves your Beagle with healthy skin and shiny fur
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Easy to use
- The soft bristles can bend very easily
2. DakPets Pet Grooming Brush
DakPets grooming brush is designed to make your Beagle’s fur as good as new. It removes your dogs’ loose dead undercoat without damaging the topcoat.
The Stainless Steel Comb has a long rust-resistant blade. It effectively reaches deep down to your Beagle’s undercoat. This gentle and non-irritating brush reduces grooming anxiety and stress on part of the Beagle.
The grooming brush is 100% safe and won’t irritate the sensitive skin of your Beagle. The brush includes a comfortable anti-slip handle to ensure you can brush your beagle for as long as you need to.
- Brand: DakPets
- Available in three colors
- Constructed from environmentally friendly material
- Includes a 4-inch rust resistant blade
- Clear plastic safety blade cover
- Quick release button
- Non slip handle
- Convenient eyelet
- Versatile detachable design
- Promotes healthy skin
- Stimulates the blood circulation
- Neat and shiny outer coat
- Removes the loose and itchy undercoat
- Promotes healthy bonding between you and your Beagle
- Gentle and non-irritant
- Requires extra care to use
3. DELOMO Pet Grooming Glove Brush for Deshedding
The DELOMO glove brush is a gentle yet effective de-shedding tool. It acts as a cleanup device, mopping up the small amounts of hair that your Beagle sheds.
- With enhanced 255 silicone grooming tips, mimics the touch of your hand for a soft and relaxing massage
- Flexible, slip-on grooming gloves allow you to brush away dirt and loose hair from cats and dogs
- Perfect for long, short and curly-haired dogs, cats, horses, and other pets, grooming the hair quickly, gently and effectively
- The shedding hair sticks to the glove, making it easy to peel and throw hair away
The glove brush removes dull dead hair from your Beagle’s undercoat, revealing a healthy, shiny outer coat. It works well wet and dry and also suitable for bath time.
The subtle design is the ideal tool for busy Beagle parents. They can combine the cuddling time and grooming time together! The adjustable touch fastener makes this glove brush fit almost everybody.
The brush is a soothing presence, massaging your Beagle coat to enable proper blood circulation. Besides, the pet glove brush is easy to carry when travelling. Thus, it helps to give abundant time together when on the move.
- Brand: DELOMO
- Color: grey and blue
- Made of 100% recyclable material
- Adjustable velcro fits all hands
- Works well both wet and dry
- Traps excess hair in mitt
- Gentle rubber massages
- Remove dull dead hair from the undercoat
- Eliminate pet hair from your furniture, food, and clothes
- Stimulates circulation
- Removes mats and tangles
- Cleans and softens coat
- Portable and easy to carry
- One size fits most
- Easy to use
- Loved by dogs
- Uncomfortable to use on smaller hands; should have multiple sizes
Why regular brushing is good for your Beagle
Regular brushing is an important part of Beagle’s proper grooming. Let’s have a look at how brushing is good for your Beagle:
- Brushing can stimulate blood flow to the skin, which in turn keeps hair follicles healthy.
- Dogs’ coats contain natural oils. Brushing will distribute body oils on the skin. It will also prevent any greasy buildup.
- Brushing your Beagle regularly helps you get to know how your dog’s skin. You can identify potential problems like spots or bumps early.
- Brushing reduces shedding. The more hair you can get off of your Beagle with a brush, the less hair will be floating around your house.
- Brushing can remove any dead hairs and sweep away any dirt and debris.
- Brushing keeps the fur in good shape. A well-brushed Beagle looks better, happier, and healthier.
How often should you brush your Beagle
Beagles are low-maintenance dogs when it comes to grooming. They require weekly dressing to keep them tidy and healthy. Brushing once a week will be enough to keep your Beagle’s coat healthy.
The frequency of brushing may depend on the season. During the spring and summer, you may need to brush your Beagle a couple of times a week. At this time, these dogs shed their thick winter coats. In the winter, your Beagle may only have to brush once a week.
Remember that every dog is different. Some Beagles might shed more heavily than others.
Tips on Brushing your Beagle
It’s a good thing that most Beagles love a good brush! Brushing can also be very relaxing and calming for those extra hyper Beagles.
Getting the perfect brush for your Beagle is important, but knowing the basics of dog brushing can be even more significant.
Let’s have a look at some useful tips on brushing your Beagle:
Organize your brushing accessories
Organize your brushes and other grooming materials like dog dryers in one spot. This will make your grooming tasks easy and convenient. It also prevents a brush from being misplaced when it’s time to brush your Beagle.
Be gentle and careful
Be as gentle as possible during brushing to avoid hurting your Beagle. Try to avoid sensitive areas such as paws and the face. The direction of brushing strokes should be towards hair growth.
Familiarize your dog with the brush
Before you begin brushing, let your Beagle sniff the brush. This will allow your pet to familiarize themselves with the brush. Your Beagle may be less likely to react negatively when you start brushing.
Make it a positive experience
Beagles just love all the extra attention and one-on-one. Make brushing and grooming a positive experience filled with praise and rewards.
Moist the fur before brushing
Your Beagle’s fur might brush better if damp. You do not need to give your dog a bath each time you brush. Just use a damp cloth to moisten the fur. This will make brushing easier and more effective. Your Beagle’s short hair can be moisturized with natural oils from its skin when you brush on a regular basis.
Keep your dog’s fur shiny
To make your Beagle’s short fur shiny, you can finish off your brushing session with a small amount of conditioner. Just rub this into your dog’s fur and brush it out to distribute the conditioner. Do not use too much as it will make your dog’s fur appear dull.
Keep your brushes clean
Be sure to clean the brush on a regular basis. Cleaning the brush is important as germs and bacteria can easily stick to the brush. Try to disinfect or sterilize your brush after some time to prevent bacteria from transmitting to your dog.
Choose the best brush
You do not need to own various brushes to care for your Beagle. Just make sure the ones you own work for your Beagle’s short fur.
- Best Size Crate For A Beagle?
- How To Crate Train a Beagle
- Best Dog Clippers for Thick Hair
- Best Dog Seat Covers for Leather Seats
We hope this article helped you in choosing the best brushing tool for your Beagle. You can keep your Beagle looking beautiful and well-groomed. Pick the best brush for your Beagle based on its needs.
Your Beagle might be easier to care for than those higher maintenance double-coated dogs. Use petting moments as opportunities for grooming and developing a bond with your furry pal.
Shoot us a message and let us know if this article was helpful. If you have any further questions about the Beagle brushing, don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Brush for a Lab (5 Efficient, Affordable Picks)
When choosing a brush for your lab, it's best to focus on ones that remove loose hairs ahead of time to help prevent your pup from tracking
Best Puppy Shampoo for Smell (5 Healthy, Safe Options)
When you become a first-time pet parent there are many trials, tribulations and of course, a steep learning curve. One thing you probably found out pretty quick
Best Dog Dryers for Home Use, Buyer’s Guide
Letting your doggie air-dry is not recommended because they will probably trail water around the house, making a huge mess
The 5 Best Flea Shampoo For Huskies
In this post, we check out some of the best flea shampoos for Huskies so you can get your Husky back to feeling their best.
What Are the Best Dog Nail Clippers?
In this post, you'll learn more about our recommended dog nail clippers and how to properly trim your dog's nails.
Why Is My Beagle So Hyper?
Beagles especially are known for being a more “hyper” breed. Owning a Beagle can be great fun as they love to play and get up to mischief.