Baths—most doggies hate them, but most owners love them because they can make a doggie smell good (at least for a couple of days). However, lots of pet parents neglect an important part of the bathing process, which is what comes after.
Letting your doggie air-dry is not recommended because they will probably trail water around the house, making a huge mess.
Lots of parents use towels on their doggies, but it’s difficult to get a doggie completely dry using that method, so you’ll probably have to deal with that damp dog smell for another hour or two.
Plus, longer-haired dogs are prone to matting during this period.
Top Pick At A Glance
B-Air Fido Max
- Can be used to De-Shed your dog’s coat and even has the ability to give a light massage that your pup will love
- Save time and take care of last-minute emergencies caused by rainy weather, dirty hiking trails and dips in the pool. Can also be used to blow dirt from your dog’s coat without a wash
As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thanks for supporting our work!
Here are the best dog dryer’s for home use: Our Picks
- B-Air Fido Max 1 Dog Dryer
- Chris Christensen Kool Pup Dog Grooming Dryer
- Metrovac’s Air Force Commander
- amzdeal Dog Dryer 2800W 3.8HP
- Free Paws Dog Pet Dryer Stand
This list includes four force dryers and one stand dryer (but if you’ve done research on dog dryers, you may have found one other type of dryer that exists—a cage dryer).
Others use human hair dryers on their doggies, but unfortunately, these hairdryers are rarely equipped to deal with the delicate fur and skin of a doggie. So what’s left to do? Well, we recommend investing in a dog dryer (which is exactly what it sounds like), and we’ve provided you with some of our top picks.
As the title suggests, all of these dryers are for home use, so there won’t be any super expensive and bulky dryers listed here. They should all be affordable to the average pet parent. Here are the best dog dryers for home use. They will also save you a lot of time, which, in today’s world, is a lot of money.
Top 5 Recommended Dog Dryers for Home Use
Alright, let’s take a closer look at the best dog dryers for home use. Some are professional grade (i.e., groomer approved) and some are on the less expensive end.
1. B-Air Fido Max 1 Dog Dryer – Cesar Millan Premier Grooming Collection
This dryer is small, portable, and inexpensive. It’s certainly one of the cheapest home-use dryers that are professional-grade, and it’s been shown to work on both dogs of long and short coats. For short-coated, shedding dogs, it can even help to de-shed them.
Unlike human dryers, which are often too hot for dogs and can be dangerous to them, this dryer does not blow heated air. It relies purely on air pressure to dry out your dog, gently massaging your pup’s skin as it blows dries him.
Additionally, several reviewers have said that this was the first dog dryer they’ve purchased that doesn’t frighten their pup.
2. Chris Christensen Kool Pup Dog Grooming Dryer
This dryer is a bit pricier, but when you think about how costly it is to take a dog to a professional groomer and then realize you can do the exact same thing at home, it seems more reasonable and will actually save you money in the end.
This dryer boasts more than 200 airflow positions, so you can experiment to see which positions are most effective at drying your dog.
The dryer comes with two hose attachments as well, which you can switch out based on the breed and hair length of your dog.
What makes this dryer so effective is that instead of “drying” the water out in a traditional sense, it actually pushes the water off of the dog’s coat, leading to a quicker, more effective grooming.
3. Metrovac’s Air Force Commander Professional Dog Grooming Pet Dryer
This product is not quite as expensive as the last one but falls in a similar price range. It also operates in a similar way to the Chris Christensen dryer, pushing the water off your dog instead of drying it out (which, along with being speedier, also reduces the chances of drying out your dog’s skin).
- Portable, fast dog grooming dryer saves you time and effort by quickly drying short-haired large and small dogs in two-thirds less time than normal
- Compact and lightweight – use on the floor or tabletop, standing vertically or horizontally
- Quickly and efficiently dry pets fur without drying out their coats, control the flow of air and use versatile attachments, including an air concentrator, air flare tool, and a groomer rake
- 6-foot hose gives you ample length to move around dogs and reach those hard to dry places and a 12-foot cord
- Hard-working 4.0HP motor and easy-to-replace filter give you good airflow to quickly dry animals coats, reducing the amount of time necessary to keep pet groomed
The dryer itself is small, but it comes with a 12-foot cord and a 6-foot hose, a design that is particularly useful if you have a big dog and a lot of areas to cover.
If you’re looking for an effective, portable dryer with lots of maneuverability, this is certainly a product you’ll want to check out.
4. amzdeal Dog Dryer 2800W 3.8HP
What this dryer specializes in, along with its portability, is its low noise, so if you have a pet that is easily startled or has particularly sensitive ears, you should consider this product.
- Comes with spring hose (1m/3ft to 2m/7ft) and 4 replacement airflow head, this pet dryer is very handy to blow pets’ hair in the home
- Adjustable airflow speed from 45m/s to 68m/s, cold and heated wind from 85℉ to 140℉ (30℃-60℃)
- The sound is <78dbs in the condition of the largest wind
- Heat prevention added to avoid burn dangers
It’s moderately priced, and considering the quality of the materials used, it’s actually quite inexpensive, as well as being guaranteed to last a long time.
It comes with several choices of speed, which you can experiment with and find the one that dries your dog most effectively, and it has four different nozzles included, so you can decide whether you prefer a more direct or more dispersed airflow.
5. Free Paws Dog Pet Dryer Stand With 4 HP 2 Heat Stepless Airflow
So far every product on this list has been a force dryer, which means they each come with a small motor to be placed on the floor and a handheld nozzle.
- Stand is 35.5”- 51.2” height adjustable, providing you a perfect height saving you from bending
- Bracket rotates 360°horizontally and also can be adjusted to 120°elevation to 120°depression
- Stand comes with a hands-free drying arm that is compatible with our 4 HP pet dryer
- Stand also comes with a plastic handle on the bracket to hang the dryer hose nozzle that comes with pet dryers
- Outer tubes are anti-corrosion resistant sprayed; Base equipped with lockable PVC wheels
This dryer is a bit different because it comes with a stand, giving you a hands-free experience that leaves your hands available to do other things, such as brush your dog or hold him in place.
The stand is also adjustable in height, so regardless of the size of your pooch, you should be able to find a height that works and doesn’t force you to bend the stand.
As a bonus, this dryer is guaranteed to last, with corrosion-resistant tubing. If convenience is a priority for you, this product is a great investment.
The above products are our picks for the five best dog dryers for home use. They vary in price but should all be well within an affordable range, especially when compared to local grooming services.
This list includes four force dryers and one stand dryer, but if you’ve done research on dog dryers, you may have found one other type of dryer that exists—a cage dryer.
This type of dryer is one that you put your dog inside, and we didn’t include any because they tend to be much bulkier and much more expensive than the options we’ve provided you here.
However, if your dog is easily frightened by loud noises, and you can afford to spend some extra money, you might consider investing in one. But we feel confident that the five dryers listed here are enough to meet most, if not all, of your needs.
The 5 Best Flea Shampoo For Huskies
In this post, we check out some of the best flea shampoos for Huskies so you can get your Husky back to feeling their best.
The Top 3 Brushes for Australian Cattle Dogs
The only tool you really need to brush an Australian Cattle Dog is a quality bristle brush and comb. Let's take a look at our picks for the highest-quality brushes for Australian cattle dogs on the market.
How to Brush a Dog’s Teeth That Hates Being Brushed
However, it can be hard to brush a dog's teeth when they don't like you poking around in their mouth. If you want to brush a dog's teeth use the following tips:
The Best Flea and Tick Medicines for Dogs (Buyer’s Guide)
Fleas can also cause some serious health issues for your dog and their impact on your dog's well-being shouldn't be taken lightly.
Top 3 Brushes for Beagles Reviewed
Here are the 3 best dog brushes for Beagle, all available for you to buy today. Let’s look at what makes them stand out and why they’re a must-consider during your buying journey.
Head and Shoulders For Dogs, Is It SAFE?
Since humans and dogs are quite different, it isn't usually recommended that you use products that are made for humans on dogs, such as Head and Shoulders.