Bernese Mountain Dogs are large dogs that come from the Sennenhund-type dog group that is endemic to the Swiss Alps. The dogs originally helped Alpine herders, which is where their name derives from. There is evidence that they broke off the genetic line of the Roman Mastiff.
This dog is known for its sturdy, large size, and high level of intelligence. Bernese Mountain dogs tend to be mellow and laidback, so they make a great family dog.
With good socialization, they will even do well around strangers and other animals. They are great for kids since they have a gentle temperament and are large enough to withstand their enthusiasm.
These are affectionate but energetic dogs that require a higher level of physical care than many other breeds of dog. They don’t tend to be as long-lived as other breeds of dogs due to their propensity for cancer and mobility problems.
With proper veterinary care, the dogs can live a healthy life of around 10 years.
Clippers for Bernese Mountain Dogs: Our Picks
There are tons of options for dog clippers, which a quick internet search will show. We have done all the research and come up with this list of our top 5 picks for best clippers for Bernese Mountain Dogs on the market. Any of these clippers will provide high-quality, long-lasting, and quiet clipping to keep your dog’s coat trimmed and manageable.
1. oneisall Dog Clippers
oneisall is an up-and-coming brand that makes high-quality pet supplies for our four-legged family members. They are known for providing well-made, durable, and useful tools that allow us to keep our pets groomed and looking their best. Their product line ranges from dog toys and leashes to nail grinders and pet clippers.
- SAFE AND SHARP BLADE – Upgrade stainless steel fixed blade and ceramic moving blade can provide excellent cutting performance. The blade sharp enough for a long time using. Detachable blades,easy to change and clean. Low vibration and ultra quiet design.The noise when working is only about 50 db, to help the pet feel at ease, not afraid cut hair any more.
- 6 GUARD COMBS(3MM/6MM/9MM/12MM/15MM/18MM) – The adjustable clipping comb is applicable for clipping hair of different lengths; and the detachable guide combs make for quick, easy comb changes and increased versatility.
- BUILT-IN LI-ION BATTERY – Rechargeable dog trimmer with built-in Li-ion battery
Their dog clippers are a high-quality set of clippers that will keep your dog comfortable and with a healthy-looking coat. The clippers are available in four different colors, so you can even express your personality while keeping your dog comfortable and clump-free.
The clippers come with a built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is long-lasting and quick charging. The clippers are low vibration and quiet in operation, so they are suitable even for sensitive dogs. For dogs that are scared of loud noises, this is a great set of clippers.
The clippers come with six different guard combs so you have flexibility in how long you cut their hair to be. The guards are easy to change and clean and give you a range of lengths to choose from.
2. Hatalkin Professional Dog Clippers
Hatalkin is a trusted and well-known brand that makes a wide range of products that combine technology and versatility to make our home lives easier and more rewarding. Their product line is wide-ranging and ranges from smartwatch bands, phone accessories, and even clippers for your four-legged best friend.
- LONG LASTING TIME – Rechargeable dog clippers, just need 3 hours to get fully charged, and can shave about 4-5 times. Please charge the product when the battery is empty or after a long period of no use.
- EASY TO CLEAN – Before unloading the blade, make sure you have switched off the clipper. Use your thumb to remove the blade, then use a brush to remove any remaining hair.
- LOW NOISE & LOW VIBRATION DESIGN – Lets lets your pet feel at ease when clipping
Their clippers are professional-quality clippers at a price that all can afford. The clippers are designed to be low vibration and low noise so they are well suited even to dogs that tend to be scared of noises. Their quiet operation makes them more suitable for skittish animals.
The clippers are cordless, so you can easily groom your dog where it is most convenient. They are rechargeable and can last as long as three hours on a full charge, meaning you can clip your dog multiple times before you need to recharge the battery.
The blade is easy to remove so you can get any excess hair out without any trouble. The kit comes with a cleaning brush that also makes cleaning easier. The kit comes with a USB charging cord, stainless steel scissors for easy trimming, a stainless steel comb, 4 length guides, and nail clippers. This gives you a comprehensive set of tools that provide all you need for basic grooming.
3. Wahl Pro Dog Grooming Kit
Wahl is a well-known, reputable, and highly trusted brand that has been making professional quality grooming products since 1919. This is a time-honored company that has a history of making versatile, durable, and useful products that are well-made and affordable.
Their product line ranges from human grooming tools and shaving accessories to clippers designed for our four-legged family members.
- 30% MORE TORQUE – easily powers through thick coats quickly and comfortably; turn grooming sessions into bonding time with our quiet & gentle dog hair clippers
- Easily Identifiable Colored Guide Combs – Allow for simple coat length identification, easily glide through heavy coats effortlessly; this kit includes a convenient storage case
- Self-Sharpening Precision Blades – Provide snag-free cutting, our high-carbon blades remain sharp for smooth grooming that creates a pleasant experience for your pet; Pro quality at home means less trips to the professional dog groomer
The Pro Dog Grooming kit is a super high-quality set of clippers that are professional quality but affordable enough for home groomers to use. The clippers have a patented power drive system that gives it more torque so it can get through the thickest coat without hurting your dog in the process.
The guide combs are color coated so it is easy to distinguish them apart from one another. This makes it easy to find the guide you like best for your dog. The clippers come with a storage case so you can easily keep your guides organized and close at hand.
The clippers have precision blades that are self-sharpening, so they last a long time, stay sharp, and will never need to be sharpened manually. The blades are made from high-carbon steel, so they keep their edge longer.
The clippers are low vibration and have a quiet operation, so even the most skittish dog can handle these clippers. This kit comes with everything you need to tackle the double coat that Bernese Mountain Dogs are known for.
4. Skey Dog Clippers
Skey is a reputable and trusted maker of a wide range of products that make home life, active life, and exercise a little easier and more convenient. Their product line is wide-ranging, from cordless tire inflators to professional-quality clippers designed for our pets.
- High-quality blade(440C Stainless Steel) and movable comb, professional pet grooming clippers for dogs
- Detachable blades are easy to change and clean
- 2-speed rotary motor meet professional requirements, which ensures pet’s hair will not be pulled or damaged during the trimming
- The adjustable knob on the body of our pet grooming clippers can provide highly accurate trimming, and the size of the blade can be easily adjusted to
- The speed and rest of electricity will appear in this LCD screen; If the electricity is limited, the dog clipper will warn you of this
The dog clippers are affordable, well-made, durable, and are suitable for dogs with thicker coats, such as the double coat of the Bernese Mountain Dog. The kit comes with adjustable blade size and a variety of guards that make it easy to choose the best length for your dog’s coat.
The set comes with 4 different guides that make it easy to get that desired length, even if you have never clipped a dog before. The blade is made from high-end titanium and ceramic for performance and comfort. The blades are easily detachable and easy to clean after use.
The motor is a 2-speed rotary motor, so it can power through the thickest coat without pulling the dog’s hair in the process. The clippers come with a built-in, rechargeable, lithium-ion battery with a display so you also know how much of a charge you have. A full charge gives you hours of clipping time. The clippers can be used cordless or even when charging.
The clippers are designed to be low vibration and noise so you can use these clippers even on the most sensitive or skittish dogs without scaring them.
5. Acare Professional Clippers
Acare is a relatively new, but up-and-coming company that makes a wide range of products that combine performance and value into affordable, well-made products. They have a wide-ranging product line, with products from essential oil diffusers to dog clippers.
- ALL-IN-ONE PET GROOMING KIT – This dog clippers kit includes: 1 × Dog clippers (included Battery), 1 × AC Power Adapter, 1 × charging dock, 1 × Cleaning Brush, 4 × Comb Attachments(3/6/9/12mm), 1 × Stainless Steel Scissor, 1 xStainless teeth scissor, 1 x Stainless Steel Comb, and a Nail Clipper and Nail File. All the tools you need for dog grooming in one place!
- PRECISION MOTOR & LOW VIBRATION – The powerful motor ensures a fast clip with less pulling and tugging. Low vibration design makes it comfortable to use for both you and your pet.
- QUIET DESIGN – Working noise lower than 50 db, don’t worry to scare your dog
Their professional dog clipper kit comes with a comprehensive set of tools that give you everything you need to groom your four-legged best friend. The kit comes with clippers and a charging dock, as well as a cleaning brush and four different guard attachments. The kit also comes with stainless steel trimming slippers, a stainless steel comb, nail clippers, and a nail file.
The clippers are cordless and come with a built-in lithium-ion battery that can last for over an hour on a charge, giving you enough power to get through a long thick coat on a large dog.
The four guard combs make it easy to choose your desired length for your dog’s hair and cut it cleanly and evenly. It has a low vibration motor and is very quiet in operation, so it won’t scare your pup and is great for those who tend to be scared of loud noises.
The kit comes with a 2-year limited warranty, giving you peace of mind that they will be replaced if anything goes wrong with your tools.
Grooming Bernese Mountain Dogs
One of the things that people love about these dogs outside their great temperament is how easy they are to care for. Unlike some other dogs, they don’t need a ton of grooming care, but they do need a bit of attention to keep their skin and coat in the best possible shape.
This breed of dog has a double coat, which means they have a short undercoat and a long guard coat. This means that they will have times of the year where they shed quite a bit, particularly in the spring and fall when they shed their seasonal coat. This can be managed by regular brushing and the occasional coat clipping to keep the fur from getting so long it can get tangled.
Bernese Mountain Dogs, and most of the mixes like the Mini Bernese Mountain dog, also require regular bathing as their coat will get dull, greasy, and tangled if they do not. Their coats may also begin to smell bad if they are not given regular baths. Using a simple, all-purpose dog shampoo is more than effective for their care.
Since they don’t require a ton of care, there aren’t a lot of tools you will need for proper grooming. You will need an all-purpose brush, shampoo, and a solid set of clippers. The clippers you choose are important as some dogs are sensitive to vibration and noise and may be scared of louder clippers.
Bernese Mountain Dogs are great family dogs that don’t require a ton of care. They need regular exercise and tend to have a gentle temperament that makes them great for kids. Their grooming needs are very simple as well. They need regular bathing and will need to have their coats trimmed on occasion.
A quality pair of clippers give you the tools you need to keep their coats short and healthy. Any of the options we review here are great choices for those who want an affordable, high-quality, and versatile set of clippers and other tools that make grooming as easy as possible.
Best Brush for Grooming A Bernese Mountain Dog
Bernese Mountain Dogs are a large breed of dog that originates in Switzerland. They were originally bred to help mountain herders and dairymen in the region.
What Are the Best Dog Nail Clippers?
In this post, you'll learn more about our recommended dog nail clippers and how to properly trim your dog's nails.
Best Dog Clippers for Lhasa Apso
Like all dogs, Lhasa Apsos will need occasional grooming. They get dirty from being outset, their fur grows, and may even become matted if unattended.
How to Brush a Dog’s Teeth That Hates Being Brushed
However, it can be hard to brush a dog's teeth when they don't like you poking around in their mouth. If you want to brush a dog's teeth use the following tips:
The 5 Best Flea Shampoo For Huskies
In this post, we check out some of the best flea shampoos for Huskies so you can get your Husky back to feeling their best.
How to Brush Out Dogs Undercoat | The Right Way
Regularly brushing the undercoat is essential to keeping your dog from itching or getting too hot and will help get rid of excess fur.