Every puppy parent knows that the beginning stages, while rewarding, can be super challenging and tiring. When your puppy first comes home, it seems like they have no off switch.
Top Pick At A Glance
Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel
- The Hide A Squirrel dog puzzle is an easy way to get your furry friends engaged for hours of fun! Just fill the tree trunk with 3 stuffed squeaky squirrels toss it and let your dog’s natural hunting instincts kick in!
As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thanks for supporting our work!
The following are 5 recommended puppy toys for keeping them entertained:
- Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel and Puzzle
- OurPets IQ Treat Ball
- KONG Puppy Toy
- Pet Qwerks Talking Babble Ball
- Trixie Pet Products
Puppies need playtime for more reasons than just exercise. Sometimes you don’t always have extended time, so toys that entertain can really help.
Playing is one of the most important parts of your puppy’s life, but the reality is that sometimes you will have other things to get done. Find the best puppy toys to keep them busy and get in as much work as you can!
Top 5 Busy Toys For Keeping Your Puppy Entertained
Here are our top 5 recommended toy options for when your puppy’s energy is high but you need to get things done.
1. Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel and Puzzle Plush Squeaking Toys for Dogs
The Outward Hound Plush Squeaking Toy is sure to keep your puppy entertained and enjoying themselves, while you tend to the things you need to get done.
The soft toy is designed to keep your puppy mentally engaged while having a lot of fun.
- Toss the squirrel-filled trunk place it on the ground or take the squeaky plush toys out and launch them for a game of fetching your dog is sure to love!
- Keep boredom at bay and your curious canine mentally-stimulated while feeding their natural instincts to hunt with plush squeaky squirrels they won’t be able to resist!
- The stuffed plush texture of the Hide-A-Squirrel dog toy is easy on the teeth making it an excellent choice for both puppies and adult dogs alike
It can be used to help your puppy practicing sniffing and finding things, too.
The toy comes in 4 different sizes and each size will keep your puppy busy. The toy is like a puzzle in that your puppy will need to discover where the squeaky squirrels are hidden.
That will take some time and when they find the squirrels, they will remain occupied with chewing and squeaking them.
2. OurPets IQ Treat Ball Interactive Food Dispensing Dog Toy
The OurPets IQ Treat Ball is a great way to keep your puppy busy and give them some special treats at the same time.
This toy comes in two different sizes, depending on the size of your puppy and how many treats you want to include.
- This food-dispensing dog toy keeps dogs mentally and physically active while they play. Available in two sizes – 3 inches for smaller dogs and 4 inches for larger dogs
- Your doggie gets smarter as they play with this interactive dog toy ball, learning how to roll the ball to get treats to fall out
- Adjust the desired difficulty level using the ball’s adjustable interior disc
- This dog treat dispensing ball is designed to limit the amount of treats your dog gets while encouraging more extended playtime
The ball allows you to adjust the level of difficulty. The treats will fall out of the ball as your puppy twists and roll the ball. This teaches them that when they play and keep themselves busy, they are rewarded.
Luckily for you, the ball is easy to clean as it twists apart, so no smelly toys. Make sure to fill the ball with your puppy’s favourite treats for lots of entertainment.
3. KONG Puppy Toy
Every dog toy list is incomplete without a KONG mention.
The Kong is a classic dog toy that you can introduce to your puppy. This toy comes in a variety of sizes, so you can choose one that your puppy will be able to handle without too much difficulty.
You can also choose to get your puppy’s Kong in either blue or pink. The Kong is a toy that your dog will love throughout its lifetime.
It serves dual purposes. The Kong is helpful for puppies who are teething as they can chew on it as long as they please. If you’re looking to keep your puppy occupied for some time, fill the Kong with some peanut butter or another treat and let them chew away!
4. Pet Qwerks Talking Babble Ball Interactive Dog Toy
The Pet Qwerks Talking Babble Ball Toy will pique your puppy’s interest as they try to figure just what this ball wants to tell them. Keep in mind, if you get annoyed by talking toys, then you may want to wear headphones or earplugs while your puppy plays!
- Motion-activated interactive dog toy. They are so sensitive that the air from your dog’s breath or even just the vibration of him walking by is enough to set the Babble Ball off, teasing your dog and demanding play time
- Each ball already comes with batteries
- Your dog will think this ball is ALIVE as it calls to him/her to chase, track and jump all-around your home or yard. Plus, when your dog is done, the Babble Ball turns itself off until the next swat or chomp
The ball makes over 20 different comments and sounds to hold your puppy’s attention.
The ball is durably made, so your puppy will not be able to destroy it easily. The batteries are replaceable, as well, so this is a toy you can keep for years to come if your puppy loves it.
The ball is motion-activated, so it won’t just keep talking if your puppy isn’t playing with it.
5. Trixie Pet Products
TRIXIE Pet Products has created a toy that will take your puppy some time and attention to figure out.
Trixie Pet Products
- Dog earns reward by gently tugging on rope loops which releases treats down and out of the bottom of the tube
- Plus 3 base cones with hidden compartments
- Design prevents cones from simply being knocked over because they must be lifted straight up to remove
- Vary number and placement of treats to increase level of difficulty
This tower is perfect for beginners and will teach your puppy the simple idea that if they perform a specific move or task, they will be rewarded. As your puppy performs the right moves, they will be rewarded with treats.
You can alter the level of difficulty as your puppy improves by changing the number of treats you add and where you put them. The base of the toy is sturdy, so you won’t have to fix it all the time as your puppy plays.
Introducing Your Puppy to Playtime
Choosing the best puppy toys to keep them busy is a strategic venture. Not just any old toy will do the trick. Puppies have tons of energy and need to do something with it. When your puppy comes home, it will be time to start teaching them that playtime can be both fun and structured.
Here is how to develop play into a fulfilling part of your puppy’s life:
Your puppy may be your whole world to you, but you don’t want to limit their interactions to you alone! Try to have friends, family, and other dogs over on a regular basis to help socialize your puppy. They need to learn how to properly engage with other dogs and humans.
Stop Aggressive Play:
Puppies get over excited very easily, which can translate into aggression. Not to mention that they have very sharp teeth. If you’re playing with your puppy and they start to veer toward aggression, you need to put a stop to it right away. Make a yelping sound and disengage from play for a few minutes to send your puppy the message.
Don’t Mimic Your Pup:
When the juices get flowing and you’re full into a session of play with your dog, it can feel natural to mirror the movements they’re making. This is not a good idea in the long-run. When you behave as a dog would, you invite the type of rough play that dogs engage in together. This sends mixed messages to your puppy and won’t help them learn how to interact with humans.
While you would probably love to spend every waking moment playing with your puppy, life responsibilities call from time to time. Don’t feel bad about leaving your puppy to their own devices. It’s important for dogs to develop their ability to play and relax on their own.
Puppies are full of energy, which is fun but can be challenging when you need to get things done.
Investing in toys to keep them busy while you’re tending to responsibilities will allow them to continue to release their energy.
The Best Toys For Puppies Who Love to Chew
Whеthеr they’re a puppy or аn adult dog, all dogs nееd tо сhеw. Puрріеѕ сhеw whеn they’re tееthіng оr when they juѕt want to explore thеir nеw world.
What is the Best Dog Food For Chihuahua Puppies
Mаlnоurіѕhеd Chіhuаhuа Puppies саn dеvеlор ѕkіn рrоblеmѕ and рuрріеѕ whо miss a meal саn еvеn bе at a great risk of malnourishment.
The Best Toys for Australian Shepherds
Wіth Australian Shepherds bеіng thе bundlе оf energy that it is, nоt juѕt аnу dog tоу оut there wіll do fоr thіѕ ѕресіаl lіttlе being.
Best Chew Toys for Dogs that Last (5 Durable, Fun Options)
Some dogs are simply very aggressive chewers, but constantly coming home to find pieces of their chew toys on the ground can get tirings
The 5 Best Chew Toys for German Shepherd Puppies
6 recommended chew toys for German Shepherd Puppies are reviewed to help you and your dog find the best one.
The 5 Best Treats for Puppies to Chew On
If you're dealing with a puppy who loves to chew on everything, then check out these treats we reviewed that your dog can chew on.