Your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is your best friend which is why you want to make sure that they are fed well. Each breed of dog has different nutritional requirements and this includes the Cav.
Let’s be honest, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel’s royalty status extends beyond their name, they’re the royalty in your home and deserve nothing but the best.
Top Pick At A Glance
Taste of The Wild Grain-Free
- High protein ingredients with added vitamins & minerals
- Fruits and vegetables as superfoods for hard-working antioxidants
- Fatty acid blend for skin & coat
- Real meat is the #1 ingredient
As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thanks for supporting our work!
Here are our 6 recommended dog foods for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel:
- Taste of The Wild Grain-Free
- Diamond Naturals Beef and Rice Formula
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Just 6
- Purina Beyond Grain Free
- Instinct Raw Boost Small Breed
- Rоуаl Canin Cаvаlіеr Kіng Charles Breed Specific
A proper diet can save you thousands in vet bills. Just remember, you know your Cav best, so consider these products carefully and with your Cav in mind.
It’s important to talk to your veterinarian about what your Spaniel needs. Then you can look for the best dry dog food for your Cav.
Top 5 Dog Foods For Cavalier King Charles Spaniel?
Alright, let’s take a closer and more in-depth look at these dog foods. While there isn’t a perfect food for every dog or for every breed, we hope this list helps get your and your Cav closer to finding the perfect one.
1. Taste of The Wild Grain-Free Premium High Protein Dry Dog Food
The Taste of the Wild Grain-Free High Protein Dry Dog Food is ideal for your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel because it provides the combination of nutrition that your dog needs.
Taste of The Wild
- A taste of the wild with ROASTED BISON; REAL MEAT is the #1 ingredient; optimal amino acid profile, protein-rich for LEAN, STRONG MUSCLES
- High protein ingredients with added vitamins & minerals; fruits and vegetables as SUPERFOODS for hard-working ANTIOXIDANTS; fatty acid blend for SKIN & COAT
- Ingredients from TRUSTED, SUSTAINABLE sources around the world; made with NO GRAIN, corn, wheat, filler; no artificial flavours, colours, preservatives
- Nutrient rich and HIGHLY DIGESTIBLE with guaranteed species-specific, PROPRIETARY PROBIOTICS that survive and thrive in the GI tract
- MADE in the USA; FAMILY OWNED & run; food made with the most scientifically advanced food safety protocols
This formula is made with real animal protein as the first ingredient and uses all natural ingredients. The grain-free formula prevents your dog from eating a diet consisting mainly of fillers and focuses on the all-important protein content.
In addition to high protein content, this formula also contains superfoods which provide your dog with the vitamins and minerals they need to lead a happy and healthy life.
Ingredients: Buffalo, lamb meal, chicken meal, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, egg product, roasted bison, roasted venison, beef, natural flavor, tomato pomace, potato protein, pea protein, ocean fish meal, salt, choline chloride, taurine, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid. Contains a source of live (viable), naturally occurring microorganisms.
2. Diamond Naturals Dry Beef and Rice Formula
The Diamond Naturals Dry Food is made with high-quality real animal meat and is designed to help your dog develop strong, lean muscles over time.
The formula includes vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to ensure that all elements of your dog’s overall health are being addressed through a proper diet.
- HIGH quality PROTEIN made with real PASTURE RAISED beef, tailored for adult dogs to thrive; optimal amino acid profile for LEAN, STRONG MUSCLES
- Premium ingredients with added vitamins & minerals; fruits and vegetables as SUPERFOODS for hard-working ANTIOXIDANTS; fatty acid blend for SKIN & COAT
- Nutrient rich and HIGHLY DIGESTIBLE with PROPRIETARY PROBIOTICS that survive and thrive in the GI tract; at guaranteed levels
- FAMILY OWNED & run, MADE in the USA choosing ingredients from TRUSTED, SUSTAINABLE sources around the world; Call with questions 800 442 0402
- NO corn, wheat, filler; NO ARTIFICIAL flavors, colors, or preservatives; Made with the most scientifically advanced food safety protocols
Diamond Naturals is a family-owned business run in the United States, and they care about the health of your dog. All the ingredients used in Diamond Naturals food are from trusted, sustainable sources.
Ingredients: Beef meal, grain sorghum, ground white rice, dried yeast, egg product, rice bran, cracked pearled barley, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dried beet pulp, natural flavor, flaxseed, potassium chloride, salt, DL-Methionine, choline chloride, taurine, dried chicory root, glucosamine hydrochloride, kale, chia seed, pumpkin, blueberries, oranges, quinoa, dried kelp, coconut, spinach, carrots, papaya, yucca schidigera extract, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, vitamin E supplement, beta carotene, chondroitin sulfate, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid. Contains a source of live (viable), naturally occurring microorganisms.
3. Rachael Ray Nutrish Just 6 Natural Limited Ingredient
The Rachael Ray Nutrish Dog Food is another good option for your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel as it made with just the basic ingredients.
This limited-ingredient formula uses real animal protein as the number one ingredient and supplements it with natural whole grains, vitamins, and minerals.
The formula is free of fillers and poultry by-product, as well as artificial preservatives, and flavours. The kibble is on the small side and hard, so it will be easy to handle for your Spaniel and give them a fun crunch while they eat.
Ingredients: Lamb Meal, Brown Rice, Ground Rice, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Natural Pork Flavor, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Choline Chloride, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Biotin, Niacin, D-calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid
4. Purina Beyond Grain Free Natural, Beef & Egg Adult Dry Dog Food
The Purina Beyond Grain Free is made with real animal protein as the first ingredient and contains egg for an added boost of protein.
This grain-free recipe focuses on the protein content and doesn’t leave your dog’s diet full of grain fillers and nothing more.
The formula is made without poultry by-product, corn, wheat, or soy.
Not only will your dog get a healthy and tasty kibble with Purina Beyond, but it also comes with a brand new dog bowl that your Spaniel can eat from.
Ingredients: Chicken, pea starch, chicken meal, canola meal, cassava root flour, beef fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols, dried egg product, whole lentils, dried yeast, pea protein, pea fiber, natural flavor, ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS AND OTHER INGREDIENTS: Minerals (potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, salt, mono and dicalcium phosphate, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), dried apples, glycerin, Vitamins (choline, Vitamin E, Vitamin B-3, Vitamin A, Vitamin B-5, Vitamin B-1, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin B-2, Vitamin B-6, folic acid, Vitamin K, Vitamin D-3). C428518
5. Instinct Raw Boost Small Breed
The Instinct Raw is another healthy option for your Spaniel. This food is made with real raw (freeze-dried) animal protein as the first ingredient and omits grains to provide a protein-rich and nutritional meal for your dog.
Instinct Raw Boost
- Instinct Raw Boost natural dry dog food combines high protein, grain free kibble with all natural bites of freeze dried raw beef. USA raised beef is the #1 ingredient
- Made with calcium & phosphorus for strong teeth and bones plus glucosamine & chondroitin for joint health. Made without grain, potato, corn, wheat, soy, byproduct meal, artificial colors or preservatives
- Raw Boost mixes natural, high protein, grain free dog food with our freeze dried raw dog food toppers in one bag. Also includes probiotics and omegas. Complete & balanced nutrition for small dogs, puppy to senior
- Our dog food is made with the pure, real nutrition of raw. Raw is natural, made from real meat & whole food ingredients, protein packed & minimally processed. Made in the USA with the finest ingredients from around the world
The formula consists of 70% real animal ingredients and 30% vegetables, fruits, and other wholesome ingredients. Even if your dog has a sensitive stomach, this food will be comfortable for them to digest.
Pet Parent Tip: It’s best not to suddenly switch to a raw diet as this can be quite the shock to your Cavs digestion.
Ingredients: Beef, Herring Meal, Peas, Turkey Meal (source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Tapioca, Egg Product, Dried Tomato Pomace, Lamb Meal, Chickpeas, Natural Flavor, Freeze Dried Beef, Coconut Oil, Freeze Dried Beef Liver, Pumpkinseeds, Freeze Dried Beef Heart, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Freeze Dried Beef Kidney, Freeze Dried Beef Spleen, Carrots, Apples, Cranberries, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin), Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide), Montmorillonite Clay, Choline Chloride, Dried Kelp, Salmon Oil, Blueberries, Dried Bacillus coagulans Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract
6. Rоуаl Canin Cаvаlіеr Kіng Charles Wholesome Breed Specific
Thе Rоуаl Canin wеbѕіtе рrоudlу boasts that thеу hаvе thеіr manufacturing рlаntѕ аt South Dаkоtа.
Thіѕ dog fооd іѕ соmроѕеd оf іngrеdіеntѕ ѕuсh as dehydrated рrоtеіn оf роultrу, rice, dеhуdrаtеd tоmаtо, grape extracts, fish оіl, аnіmаl fаtѕ, green tеа, ѕоуа оіl, mаrіgоld еxtrасt, hуdrоlуzеd саrtіlаgе and bоrаgе оіl.
- Tailor-made nutrition created just for your purebred Cavalier
- An appropriate calorie content promotes a healthy weight, while targeted nutrients help maintain your Cavalier’s cardiac function
- Vitamin A, as well as EPA and DHA from fish oil, helps nourish healthy skin and coat
- Helps maintain an ideal weight with a balanced formula Supports coat health with EPA and DHA from fish oil to help keep their coat silky and beautiful
It is ѕресіаlіzеd fоr thе use оf Cavalier Kіng Charles Sраnіеlѕ and іѕ manufactured kееріng in mind a рrореr nutrіtіоnаl plan fоr thе dog
However, it іѕ gеnеrаllу uѕеd аѕ a treat fоr dоgѕ rather thаn соmрlеtе mеаlѕ іn thеmѕеlvеѕ since іt is costly
Meant for Cavalier’s 10-months and older
Ingredients: Brewers rice, wheat gluten, chicken by-product meal, corn, chicken fat, wheat, natural flavors, dried plain beet pulp, fish oil, pea fiber, dried tomato pomace, vegetable oil, rice hulls, calcium carbonate, sodium silico aluminate, L-lysine, potassium chloride, vitamins [DL-alpha tocopherol acetate (source of vitamin E), niacin supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), D-calcium pantothenate, biotin, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), vitamin A acetate, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement], fructooligosaccharides, sodium tripolyphosphate, DL-methionine, L-arginine, taurine, potassium citrate, hydrolyzed yeast, choline chloride, salt, marigold extract (Tagetes erecta L.), L-tyrosine, trace minerals [zinc oxide, ferrous sulfate, zinc proteinate, manganous oxide, manganese proteinate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, copper proteinate], glucosamine hydrochloride, L-carnitine, magnesium oxide, green tea extract, chondroitin sulfate, rosemary extract, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid.
What is the Ideal Diet for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel?
The best dry dog food for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel should be as natural as possible. Spaniels are more susceptible than many other breeds in developing skin, ear, and coat problems.
The good news is that by feeding your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel a natural diet, you can work to remedy and prevent these issues.
Here are the things to keep in mind when choosing your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel’s kibble:
- Protein-Based: all dogs are carnivores and need to eat a diet that consists mainly of meat. This may be surprising to some dog owners, as many packaged foods are made mainly of grains. The first ingredients in the food you choose should be meat or fish, not meat by-product or vegetables.
- Fats: your Spaniel does need the right amount of fat in their diet. Fats help protect your dog’s internal organs and maintain healthy skin, a shining coat, and clear eyes. They also work to keep your dog’s joints and bones strong and protect against arthritis. Take caution, however, as Spaniels are prone to obesity. You need to manage your dog’s fat intake well. The essential fats your dog needs are found in meat, fish, and vegetables.
- Carbohydrates: believe it or not, dogs need carbs just like humans. Spaniels are notoriously energetic, so they need an adequate amount of ‘good’ carbs to keep them fueled throughout the day.
- Fibre: another important element in your dog’s diet as it will help keep their digestive system working properly and keep bowel movements regular.
Benefits of a Healthy Diet For Dogs
By feeding your Cav a balanced and healthy diet, you are enhancing their life. The benefits that come from a healthy diet include:
- Boosting and protecting your dog’s immune system functioning.
- Providing added protection against illnesses and diseases.
- Helping to prevent and reduce the symptoms of food allergies.
- Aiding your dog in building muscle tone and strong bones.
- Keeping the digestion and elimination processes moving smoothly.
- Working to keep your dog’s skin and coat healthy and shining.
- Maintaining your dog’s healthy weight and preventing obesity.
The benefits that come from feeding your dog a healthy diet are not to be taken lightly. While healthier kibble options often come at a higher price, they pay off in the long run because they keep your dog in better health. With a consistent healthy diet, you will make fewer visits to the vet and enjoy more time with your dog.
Keeping your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a priority. One of the ways you can address their happiness is through diet. Feed your Spaniel a protein-rich diet made with natural ingredients, and you will see enhanced energy, mood, and overall health.
Best Dog Food For Boston Terriers With Sensitive Stomachs
Is your Boston Terrier suffering from a sensitive stomach? We review some of the best dog food for Bоѕtоn Terriers with a sensitive stomach.
Best Dog Food for Tear Stains Our 2021 Picks
Best Dog Food for Less Poop and Better Digestion
Have you ever wondered whether your dog's poop, is, well, healthy? Is the amount of poop they're producing starting to concern you?
6 Bеѕt Fооds for Sensitive Golden Rеtrіеvеr
A Golden retriever is one of the most popular family breeds of dogs out there, and so watching them struggle with their food and diet is a real heartache.
What Is Kibble and Dry Dog Food?
Kibble is what most people refer to as dry dog food. It is considered the most convenient option for feeding your dog since don't need to prepare it in any way.
Wet Dog Food vs Dry, Which One is Better?
Hands down, wet dog food is almost always going to be of higher quality and more appealing to your dog’s taste.